Skiing is my passion; my parents were somewhat the flower children type when I was born and when I was in kindergarten, we moved to Vermont and my dad worked at Killington, and so it began...
Now, I'm managing corporate partnerships for cause marketing at Boston Medical Center and we have a great charity ski race event coming up this March, 2010. It's at Cannon Mountain in New Hampshire & is possibly the easiest mountain in New England to get to – it sits right on route 93 in Franconia Notch. It will be Saturday, March 6, 2010 and it benefits the Boston Medical Center, in honor of Bill Cunningham, a man who ran the ski school there for decades and succumbed to Amyloid. BMC specializes in treatment and research in this disease and tried to help Mr. Cunningham in his battle. Carol Cunningham started this event to benefit the BMC Amyloid treatment and reasearch center in his name.
Here are some quick basics:
- Cannon Mountain/NH Parks Dept. is fully on board and supportive of the event, so gives us great access to on-mountain space and in-lodge space.
- Sampling/Exposure to all skiers, not just those partaking in the event will be possible
- Signage opps include T-Shirts, banners, website, event promo…
- Cannon Mtn is the ‘official’ home mountain of US Ski Team’s most highly decorated skier, Bode Miller
- Raffles, prizes & auctions will be in-lodge on day of the event
Ski Magazine on Cannon Mountain (http://www.skinet.com/ski/resorts/cannon-mountain) 2010...
"There simply might not be a more soulful, less spoiled or more beautiful place to ski than Cannon. No condos, no mansions, no boutiques—just skiing the way God intended.
Readers rank it No. 4 for Overall Satisfaction and No. 1 for Value. (Last year’s top lift ticket price: $39.) It’s No. 2 for Scenery and No. 3 for both Challenge and Accessibility. Readers acknowledge the drawbacks (nightlife, dining, lodging, etc.), but generally rave: “Kicks my butt every time”; “spectacular scenery”; “awesome staff.”"
Gentle Reminders that Teach Your Toddler Gratitude
15 hours ago